Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Love the Eighties! Whitney's My Hair Idol!












I was a child of the eighties. I love the music. The BEST shows came out in the eighties. Remember: The Cosby Show, FAME, Wonder Woman, He-Man, 21Jump Street?  And the music...awesome! Michael Jackson was of course huge! Remember New Edition came out in the eighties, along with Madonna, Duran Duran and Whitney Houston. Prince and Sheila E., Janet Jackson...

The funny thing is almost everyone had the same hairstyles, or variations of it. Big, awesome gravity-defying hair. Men and women!

What can I say, Whitney, for my sisters and I she was...can I say awesome. She was obviously talented, because, well, that voice. Nothing I had heard before was even close. Plus, she was gorgeous, just stunning. But, still real. Like, she could of been a really cool cousin or a neighbor. (I mean, I wouldn't have been cool enough to hang out the her, but still...lol.)

What I never really noticed before was the stages of her hairstyles. Although I remember many of her very sleek, straight-haired styles. Just perusing her pictures from the eighties, it's easy to see when she first came out, she did the big, curly haired thing. Still striking, but less coiffed than in her later albums and performances. I love it! It was still very put together. Obviously, she had a great hair cut. Or some awesome wigs. (And I want one!) Either way, the final outcome was breathtaking. So, after much thought, my eighties hair idol is...

Whitney Houston.


No comments:

Post a Comment