Friday, July 20, 2012

Remixed-Audrey Hepburn 50's Icon Style Icon,

OK, so this is my version of a style inspired by Audrey Hepburn. This particular style was inspired by the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. It's an updo that is good for special occasions. (I didn't have a tiara handy. ) But, it can also be dressed down for any occasion using a scarf or a headband.  I re-twisted my hair last night with  Cantu Shea Leave-In Conditioner. I find that it helps to keep the curls defined pretty well. (Even in this crazy humidity) It was pretty easy. It's harder to see all of the details of the stle from my pictures.

So, Audrey...



Sherry!
...Whatcha think











It was pretty quick and easy to do. I just parted my hair into three horizontal sections, twisted the back section up into a small, tight roll and looped the ends into a pin curl, toward the middle of my head. The middle section, I kind of twisted, just to get it out of the way.
The front section (or bangs) was secured with a couple bobby pins to create a hump in the front. (The sides of the middle section,  I parted off, and kept separated to use later.) The ends of that front section, I added to the middle section and made a high ponytail, using a hair elastic. The ends of the ponytail are tucked into a high bun. The two sections that I separated, were pulled toward the back and the ends tucked under the bun, and pinned into place. Repeat the same steps on the other section.
That's pretty much it.
 I saw a video on You Tube by  a talented young lady named Koi. This is her channel and the video that she posted. It's almost the same thing that I did. http://www.youtube.com/user/StrawberryKoiVintage.  I didn't have to tease my hair to make it look fuller. I just separated the twists into smaller twists to add volume. No comb was necessary. The only styling tools I used were my hands, one hair band and some hair pins.
The hairstyle looked cute with twists. But, I think it would also work very well on a roller set, too.

Let me know what you think. How would you remix this style?

No comments:

Post a Comment