Monday, August 6, 2012

Great Expectations

I sooooo wanted to do my version of the Dorothy Dandridge hairstyles that I posted previously. I hate sitting under the dryer. But, my intentions were to roller set my hair on medium rollers.
I got up early on last Sunday to set my hair. I deep conditioned for an hour with a quarter cup of warmed olive oil the night before (We'll have to discuss this later) After that I rinsed, washed and conditioned my hair. All of this I did late in the evening. Since I know that my hair NEVER dries overnight, I just divided my hair into four section, pinned them into four knots, tied my hair in a satin scarf, and went to bed. The next day was so promising! So full of expectations!
Fast forward to the next morning. I got up early.I set my on my rollers.  I was ready to get some reading done while I sat under the dryer....And then this happened!

Look at this mess! This is the hood of the dryer on the chair...

While the base of the dryer is on the counter top...
Oh, I haven't given up on my dryer. I will be visiting the local Wal-mart to get my hands on some Krazy Glue. I figure if it can handle this:


It can handle my dyer.

So obviously, I had to change my plans. For that day I had to put my hair up. The Audrey Hepburn remix worked really well on the fly. I did a twist out to stretch my hair and later (the next day) flat ironed it straight. I've been wearing it since then. My next post will show what I did to, somewhat preserve all of my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment