Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pressed Out Summer Hair

Because of my disastrous hair dryer accident a couple of weeks ago, I decided to straighten my hair. That actually sounds strange, but I really wanted to do a length check and trim the ends. I have never straightened my hair in the summer. Plus, I really don't like to blow dry my hair with a hand dryer and then use heat again to straighten it. I'm a little paranoid. So, I twisted my hair first and let it dry in twists. The next day, I got out my curling iron and curled/ straightened my hair. I didn't get my hair "bone straight", and that was OK for me.  As you can see from the pictures, my hair did not  stay curled for long. The high humidity! But, I did get to trim my hair, and do a length check. I'm about bra strap length in the back and I don't know... mid chest (lol) in the front? (That's not a term I've seen anywhere!) These are just a couple of the styles I did. I really kind of love a bun. So, most of the time I lived in a big top knot, side bun,  and low chignon. The bun just traveled from one end of my head to the other, lol.

I love that I live close enough to the beach that I can just jump in! (No matter what I am wearing)


As you can see, I just flat twisted the sides and attached with a hair band in the back

This was half up half down. Hadn't even left the house. Already fizzed out. But, I love the bigness!


I know a lot of ladies straighten their hair, even in the summer. What do you all do the preserve your stye and hard work?

No comments:

Post a Comment