Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How Long Must I Deep Condition?

                                 


 
When I first started to research how to take care of my hair, I noticed a lot of women saying that they were spending hours deep conditioning their hair. Like, a whole day dedicated to their hair. A little daunting for me. I have a very busy schedule . I don't have time a day to dedicate to my hair. Some ladies would deep condition overnight. It still seemed like it was excessive. 
I do deep condition my hair. Once a month. (More often if I feel like my hair needs it.) But, I usually spend fraction of that time doing it. I have discovered that what works well for others may or may not work well for me. So, I usually just wash my hair and then deep condition according to product directions. Usually between 15 and 30 minutes. Or...if I'm multitasking, I apply a deep conditioner then a plastic cap and do laundry, housework, read, cook, whatever I have to get done. I also do the same thing with warmed olive oil. Easy peasy!

If your hair is:
  • Chemically treated
  • Severely damaged and dry
  • Bleached
  • Relaxed 
Any of these conditions, you may need to deep condition more often to restore your hair.  
 
I wrote previously that I am allergic to the olive oil,and coconut oil.  Still true. So I try to keep it on the ends, and off of my skin. But, I'm still looking for a really good deep conditioner. Any suggestions? 
Also,  how do you deep condition your hair? What products do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment