Thursday, November 22, 2012

Bentonite Clay for Hair *Update*

 So, I finally did the bentonite clay hair mask/ shampoo trial. And...I loved it! I chose to do the second recipe from my previous article about bentonite clay. Well, sort of.  I thought maybe the apple cider vinegar might be too drying for my sensitive scalp. Also, I wanted to try coconut milk instead of yogurt.

That being said, I found the mixture pretty easy to apply and rinse out. Although, I have to admit that I spent a long time in the shower rinsing my hair. This wasn't because it was difficult to rinse out. Rather, it was because my hair felt so soft that I could not believe that it was "just my hair" that I was feeling! Also, I purposely did not detangle my hair before applying the mixture to my wet hair. I wanted to see if it really did loosen tangles as well as I'd read. Unbelievably, it did!
I applied a conditioner after completely rinsing the clay out and applied an oil to seal in moisture. That's it! I did my regular two strand twists with ease and ended up with soft, shiny, well defined curls. Awesome product!

I believe I will be making this a part of my regular routine for hair washing! I have found a winner!

I applied the clay in sections, combed through and twisted
.

The next day, fully dried. No products added, beyond what I did after washing. Loved the definition


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this stuff for hair and as a face mask. It detangles well and helps to define ringlets, though I am truthfully irregular in my usage of it. I'm making a hair growth spray today that helps also to soften the hair, and my bro-in-law uses it as a natural hair gel. He also swears it is growing in a bald spot. I'll post pics on my blog later today. Anyway....I LOVE YOUR BLOG, Sherry! :0)

    ReplyDelete