Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm doin' this!--Curry Chicken

Hey y'all!
In my blog description, I forgot mentioned food. I love to cook! Not necessarily for my own taste. Mostly, I just love to cook something delicious and watch the crowd's reaction. "The crowd" is often just  my hubby Wally, family and friends. Quite often, they are guinea pigs in my kitchen laboratory.

My in-laws are from the Caribbean, Jamaica and French Dominica. I love that I have two different cultures to pull recipes from. So, this week, as a surprise, I cooked curry chicken. I don't call it Jamaican curry chicken because it is not  authentically Jamaican. Here's that recipe.

My version came from a blog I recently discovered and LOVE. It's called  skinnytaste.com. It is a website that does the weight watcher version of almost any recipe. Also,  blogger Gina, publishes the stats: points, calories, carbs, etc....Awesome site great picture! Be sure to browse.;)
So here is the skinnytaste version of the curry chicken recipe. It uses almost no fat. I used skinless chicken breast. Oh and the best thing..I put it all in the crock pot! Ridiculously easy!!

 I'm not doing weight watcher, but I love the idea of making our food healthier , while keeping the sabor! The real test. Hubby gave me the thumbs up! 

Here's my finished product.



1 comment:

  1. How funny - sis-in-law is Guyanese and I just made curry chicken this week while they were visiting. Great minds....

    ReplyDelete